This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon Europe MSCA programme under grant agreement No. 101061575
COMPHACRISIS: The enforcement of EU Competition Law in the pharmaceutical sector: before, during, and after a health crisis (learning from the COVID-19 pandemic), HORIZON Europe-MSCA project, UCD School of Law, Ireland
COMPHACRISIS is carried out in line with the Pharmaceutical Strategy for Europe under the supervision of Professor Imelda Maher at University College Dublin (UCD). The main question of the research is: What are the significant differences between normal, crisis and post-crisis EU competition law and policy in the pharmaceutical sector? Analysing the normal enforcement of competition law, evaluating the crisis enforcement of competition law, exploring the significant consequences of the crisis policies in the post-pandemic law and designing an Effective Health Crisis Competition Law Framework are specific objectives of COMPAHCRISIS. The European Union competition law enforcement and three member states (Germany, Italy, and Ireland) are reviewed in COMPHACRISIS. COMPHACRISIS leads to a new approach to understanding the importance of competition law in the pharmaceutical sector during and after a crisis and influences European policymakers and legislators.
Working Papers and Presentations:
- Hosseini, Mina, "Building Global Health Solidarity in a Permacrisis: Legal Impacts of a Pandemic Treaty'', Irish Studies in International Affairs Journal, Royal Irish Academy, December 2023.
- Hosseini, Mina, The EU's Vaccines Strategy and Competition Law: A Case Study of the COVID-19 Advance Purchase Agreements , UACES (University Association for Contemporary European Studies) Annual Confenece, Queen's University Belfast, 3 -6 September 2023, Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Hosseini, Mina, Past, Present and Future of EU Competition Law Enforcement in the Pharmaceutical Sector: Learning from a Pandemic , ASCOLA 2023, 29 June-2 July 2023, Athens, Greece.
- Hosseini, Mina, Exploring the evolution of EU competition law in the pharmaceutical sector: pandemic lessons, SLS 2023, 28 June 2023, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, England.
- Hosseini, Mina, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Grant Writing Workshop organised by UCD Research for potential UCD applicants, (Invited Speaker), 6 June 2023, Dublin, Ireland.
- Hosseini, Mina, Building global solidarity in a permacrisis: lessons learned from COVID-19 and future direction for a pandemic treaty, 2 May 2023, Human In (Security) In An Unsettled World (RIA annual international affairs conference), Royal Irish Academy , Dublin, Ireland.
- Hosseini, Mina, COMPHACRISIS: the Story of a Grant, Work Smarter Together Conference, UCD Agile, March 2023, (Slides).
- Hosseini, Mina, COMPHACRISIS Launch Presntation, UCD Sutherland School of Law, Research Seminar Series, Nov 2022.
- Hosseini, Mina, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Grant Writing Workshop organised by UCD Research for potential UCD applicants, (Invited Speaker), 20 September 2022, Dublin, Ireland.
COMPHACRISIS in CORDIS: